All that and you may even find it difficult to sleep so that has an effect on your looks too.
A couple of days like that is bad enough but if you feel constantly stressed it can take its toll in all kinds of ways including having the signs of worry permanently etched on your face in the form of wrinkles and lowering your immune system (leaving you open to all kinds of illness). So it’s worth learning the art of calming down.
|Relaxation Tip : Associate a Fragrance
If you dab a fragrance you love on your wrists just before you do your one minute relaxation, you will start to associate that fragrance with calming down and it will help to center you in times of stress, if you use it then. Lavender essential oil is particularly good if you like it as it has calming properties.
Who has the time for that though? Surely that’s the problem. You’re trying to fit too much into your life already and hardly get a moment to breathe.
Well, what if a moment is all it takes to make you feel better all day, your whole life in fact? That has to be worth it. It only takes a minute and it’s free! That has to be the best bargain basement beauty treatment on the planet.
If its worth spending a minute styling your hair, putting on face cream or applying makeup then it is definitely worth taking a minute to calm down to get those immediate and lasting benefits to your looks and health.
If you practice this minute long routine twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, you’ll enjoy feeling serene and peaceful while you are doing it, and quite soon you’ll be able to feel like that at will. You can feel and look calm, unruffled and poised whenever you like during your busy day. And that is priceless.
How to Relax in 60 Seconds
- Sit in a relaxed state without slouching or lie comfortably on a couch, bed or floor.
- Close your eyes and focus all your attention on the center of your forehead.
- Breathe in slowly for a silent count of three, hold your breath for three, then breathe out as slowly as you can forcing all the air out with a big sigh or puff. Repeat three times.
- Pick a bright color, and visualize it spreading throughout your body with a calming light. Blue, yellow, orange or pink or even silver or gold work well for this and you may find that one works better than another for you. You can experiment a bit each time you do this until you find your favorite.
- Breathe gently in this state as long as you like – even thirty seconds will have a positive benefit.
- If panicky thoughts intrude about all that you have to get done today or everything you have to worry about then just tell them firmly you’ll be with them in a moment and set them to the side while you stay calmly in the bright light.
|If You Find You Enjoy This…
When you begin with your practice you’ll need to do this in a quiet place where you are not disturbed.
Eventually you’ll be able to do it anytime anywhere just by getting your mind into the right state.
If you are not able to close your eyes or breathe audibly because of where you are, don’t worry, do the best you can.
Just count breaths in and out through your nose, in for three, hold for three, out slowly for six, repeating three times then visualize “your” color light washing over you.