Jennifer Aniston always has a healthy outdoor look like she has been kissed by the Californian sun.
Of course, that might very well be the wonderful climate she lives in. On the other hand, the condition of her skin means it’s unlikely she spends too long sun bathing (if any time at all).
I doubt you could look that unlined in your forties and maintain an all year round natural tan.
Rumor has it (and rumor is almost certainly right) that she achieves that look, with natural looking makeup skillfully applied and that is good news for those of us living in less sunny climes. We can get the sun kissed look too by investing in a few makeup items and spending a bit of time practising.
Fashion, beauty and celebrity site Stylist.com says
“Jennifer Aniston possesses a sort of undeniable laid-black glamour: never overdone, never overwrought, just that perfect combination of casual polish. This may have something to do with her somewhat permanent all-over glow. The actress, who has nailed the California, beach babe vibe, has also mastered a luminous makeup routine — no doubt thanks to a few well-placed glow-enhancing products.”
So they have created a great Jennifer Aniston inspired Sun Kissed Makeup tutorial that shows how you can create the Jennifer Aniston look without ruining your skin.
To get the sun kissed all over glow, you need to
- use a shimmering bronzer and apply this to tops of the cheekbones, the forehead (just over the eyebrows) and the bottom of the chin
- apply a powder bronzer (without the shimmer) over the cheekbones and anywhere the sun would naturally tan such as the bridge of the nose, the top of the forehead and the chin
- apply natural colored blush powder to the apples of the cheeks
- makeup your eyes in gold tones to continue the golden glow by applying a light gold toned eye shadow over the whole eye area from the lid to just below the brow and a darker gold in the crease of the eye and along the top lash line
- accentuate the eyes, as Jennifer does, with a thin line of black eyeliner along the top of the eye without going too far into the inner corner and a line along the lower lash line from about the center of the eye to the outer corner. (To make sure you get the right eyeliner look for you see this “How to Apply Eyeliner” article)
- apply a coat of black mascara
- finish with a subtle pink nude lipgloss
See the video tutorial at the Stylist.com website here.
Note of caution : Just be careful when applying bronzer. Always make sure you use a very light touch as too much can make you look like you have a dirty streaky face and not a Jennifer Aniston sun kissed glow at all. For more information on applying blush and bronzer, see “How to Apply Blush” and “How to Contour Your Face with Makeup“.